FSC’s mission is to promote environmentally sound, socially beneficial, and economically viable management of the world's forests. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone who works in FSC worldwide: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, through those that roll out these policies and standards on the ground, to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Communication Consultant for FSC Ukraine, who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
The Communications Consultant will be engaged for developing and implementing the communication strategy of FSC Ukraine, promoting FSC and its impact among relevant stakeholders such as governments, NGOs and media.
The FSC Ukraine faces challenges caused by martial law, social transformation, forest reform, and weak awareness of sustainable forest management. However, with the robust National Stewardship Standard for Ukraine and new tools for system integrity of supply chains, FSC is a leader in promoting positive changes in the forestry sector and beyond.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to development and implementation of the communication strategy and plan of FSC Ukraine:
- Engaging to develop content and visuals for communication materials;
- Create social media content across main platforms;
- Plan specialized communication activities such as relevant meetings, events, and campaigns:
- Outreach to potential media and pitching communication outcomes;
- Engage media and opinion leaders’;
- Adapted content for FSC Ukraine website https://ua.fsc.org/;
- Monitor and report the media coverage of FSC in Ukraine;
- Liaise with the Regional Comms Manager to align on the communication plans, share good practices and support regional campaigns.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
Education and Training:
- University degree (Master) in a field related communication (communication, journalist, PR etc.).
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in communications.
- Experience in copywriting and work with/in Ukrainian media.
- Good time management skills: ability to perform well while handling simultaneously several functions.
- Service-oriented attitude to work, with a strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Experience in working in multicultural and multi-lingual teams.
- Ability to represent FSC through his/her work with exemplary personal and professional authority and conduct.
- Proven ability to communicate and engage with a diverse range of people.
- Highly organized.
- Paying attention to details, while remaining aware of the overall mission and vision of the organisation and the contribution of this consultancy to it.
- Good skills in MS Office 365.
- Experience with design software (e.g. InDesign, Canva) and/or Content Management Systems would be a plus.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Fluency in Ukrainian (spoken and written); Fluency in English (spoken and written); skilled in translation of documents.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Ukraine, Kyiv (preferable)
- Type of contract: quarterly services contract
- Duration of service: till the end of 2023
- Travelling: sporadic travels might be required
- Reporting to director of FSC Ukraine;
- Starting Date: as soon as possible
- Communication plan for Q3/Q4 of 2023 and for 2024;
- Tailored communication support for:
- two round tables;
- four webinars;
- six workshops or other events;
- Four global press releases localization;
- Twelve local press releases;
- Six pitches leading to at least six publications about FSC outcomes;
- At least six social media posts every quarter;
- Quarterly report of the media coverage
How to Apply
Please submit your CV in English to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 31 March 2023 at 21:59h (CET).
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt, please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there, contact us by phone: +38 044 223-68-45
Please be informed that by applying, you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!